A smile is the fountainhead of positive energies. Not only you but the people around you feel positive when you have the most pleasing smile. However, having a missing tooth can ruin it. In addition, it can shift the place of other teeth and make your bite imperfect. If you have lost one or more of your teeth, partial dentures have your back.
Whether you already lost some of your teeth or are about to get tooth removal, you can get partial dentures to fill the spaces. They cost less than the full dentures and can quickly restore the aesthetics of your mouth. Partial dentures also prevent weakening of the other teeth and overuse of one side of the mouth. Plus, with partial dentures, you can smile confidently.
How Partial Dentures Work
When the patient still has some healthy gum tissues or teeth, partial dentures are used to provide the required support for missing tooth. Before fitting them, dentists first examine your mouth to assess the size and shape of partial denture you need and determine whether you need removable partial dentures or fixed partial dentures. Then, they fix custom-made dentures to resolve your missing tooth problem.
Advantages of Partial Denture
One of the most amazing features that the partial denture offers is that it is a non-invasive form to restore your smile. Removable dentures can simply slide into the place and then be removed again whenever you want. You don’t need to have anything inside your gum to make them work.
Partial dentures are considerably more affordable than other procedures to restore the missing teeth. They help to maintain the structure of your jaw and mouth.
They intend to enhance your smile and make you feel confident once again. With partial dentures, it becomes easy to chew, speak and bite. They are easy to get used to as most of the patients take 1-2 weeks to do so.
Aftercare for Partial Dentures
- Most people prefer removable partial dentures as they are easy to clean and comfortable. They can last long if you keep them in good condition.
- The way you clean your natural teeth, partial dentures need to be cleaned at least twice a day. However, it’s best to clean them after every meal. You can clean them with a soft-bristle brush using the denture cleaning solution prescribed by the dentist.
- Keep them with extra care as they can break easily. Clean them over a bowl or towel to ensure the soft landing in case you drop them.
- A person’s mouth needs a break from the dentures. Hence, the wearer should remove the dentures before going to bed and soak them overnight to help them retain their shape.
- After a while, dentures may break or stop fitting to the wearer. The solution is consulting a dentist because only they know the right solution.
There is no need to stay with a gap between your teeth. Consult your nearby dentist and opt for the best partial dentures to fill the gap between you and your confidence.